Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thyroid? Now what?

Got a call from our pediatrician this afternoon. Every baby has a newborn screen that goes to the state lab. Linden's first screen showed she has some abnormality concerning her thyroid. They did another newborn screen right before she left the NICU so the Dr. is calling to find out what the second test said. If it is the same as the first they will run a third. Most of the time these types of things correct themselves with time outside the womb. I have to remember she isn't supposed to be here yet! Pray for great results and I will keep you posted.

Otherwise, we are all settling in fine. I have felt close to my old self...if I can remember what that is??? I have been in bed, what feels like two years...at home keeping germs from my babies for part of that time too. IT will be super to be out and about among the rest of you soon!

Love, K

No comments:

Post a Comment