Sunday, December 28, 2008

Another very long week! December 28, 2008

Friends and Family,

This is the first time I have felt like writing. I will try to to fill you in...a lot has happened.

Linden had to have her tube put back in late Sunday or Monday. She just wasn't ready to be without it. She looked so much better with it in...her color and her tiny chest wasn't working as hard. I was sad but relieved once I saw her. They weaned her slowly down off the tube to a nasal cannula and all of her oxygen support...and the best Christmas gift of NO OXYGEN! Yet, they tested her secretions from her lungs and he has EColi bacteria growing in her trachea area...not exactly sure. Since she was already on antibiotics they continued with a longer course. AND...the saddest part was she had to have a spinal tap on Christmas to make sure the infection hadn't spread to her brain! UGH! I was a mess! I couldn't talk about it without crying. So far, all cultures are negative and they watch them for 5 days...so, we are mostly in the clear! Wahoo!

Also on the 25th, they began feeding her my milk! Wahoo! That is where the magic happens! It is liquid gold! I remember Saige and the difference in her with just a few feedings...I wonder if they are starving?? Anyway, today Todd went to feed her and do Kangaroo Care and she looks so wonderful. We take turns going, doing Kangaroo Care and feeding her. She isn't able to finish a bottle so they are giving the remainder milk in her feeding tube.

Last night I went and she slept so hard on my chest...so sweet it is!

Back to my health update. Dr. Jackson and Dr. Roberts came in on Monday am and said the pathology was I had placenta accreta. That is where the placenta grows into the uterine wall. Rare, yet leave it to the Jureks to have all the odds! It is possible that the placenta can grow past the uterus to other organs too...YUCK! So, the remedy...Hysterectomy. I was in so much pain, and have suffered a bit with these pregnancies..it wasn't a hard decision. Pretty much...didn't have a choice. While my dr. was discussing it with us, he had already sent for them to pick me up for surgery...he knew the decision we would make. We had a laugh...Todd said, "When are we having the surgery?" Dr, Jackson..."they are on the way to pick up Kristen." So, Ididn't have much "sinking in" time. So, a pre-op freak out happened...only to be fixed with a stern conversation from Dr. Jackson and sedation!

The surgery went well and the dr. said it needed to be done, just looking at my uterus! So, I was in the hospital until Christmas eve...excrutiating pain. They had to do an incision instead of vaginally because of just giving birth. Too risky...too much blood loss the other way.

I am feeling much better and moving a bit easier. Now I know why they call your abdominals, "CORE" muscles...OUCH! I can just now cough without crying, laugh without crying....but, still wince a bit. Feeling a bit sad today about not being able to have more kids. I have always wanted a houseful! So, we are thrilled with our three and loving our time with all of them.

Today, we were told Linden could come home by next Saturday. Yet, we have learned not to get our hopes up! We want her to take all the time she needs. Get to try and breastfeed tonight!

If I ever set up my itunes I will post photos from my phone. She looks so beautiful!

Thank you for continued prayers and calls!

Thanks to my girl Laura for coming over on Christmas and Heather and Meredith for stopping by on Friday...made me feel like a normal human!

Love to you and yours, Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment